This role is to provide subject matter expertise to the business in the context of mechanical components and piping systems that are integral to the functioning of ALS. The primary function of the role will be to provide engineering support to the design and installation of ALS on new and existing vessels, as well as lead/assist projects aimed at developing first of Class system designs.
You will be involved in a wide range of activities, including specification of components and their interface at ship, and developing engineering documentation for new products. You will also be responsible for reviewing shipyard documentation, performing engineering calculations to assist the shipyard’s design as well as helping to manage the technical relationship with key OEMs, chief amongst which are compressor manufacturers.
- Understanding of marine air compressor design, operation and installation in a marine environment is desirable.
- Understanding of marine piping systems and ability to calculate pipe system losses, pipe stresses, heat transfer and similar characteristics is desirable.
- Understanding of marine HVAC systems and ability to calculate air flow needs given ambient conditions and compartment heat load is desirable.
- A clear and demonstratable understanding of Classification Society rules relating to the design, construction and modification of mechanical/marine systems.
- Experience relating to the oversight and verification of mechanical works executed within a shipyard environment.
- Experience relating to cost analysis of mechanical and piping system installation is desirable.
- Conversant with AutoCAD and/or similar drafting packages. Some experience with Solid Works/3D modelling is desirable although not essential.
- Excellent written, verbal communication and presentational skills.
- Good analytical skills are essential with the ability to use MathCAD or similar being desirable.
Andy Low (EA Reg no: R1659869)
Faststream Recruitment Pte Ltd, EA Licence no: 09C3403