This is an exciting opportunity for someone who enjoys the hands on and strategic aspects of developing a digital learning strategy, while developing their personal skillset by participating and contributing to aspects of the business such as finance, business development and project management.
It offers a blended approach of in-person and online training across multi-disciplined areas, with a key focus on hospitality, leadership, and management skills. This role will be focusing on developing the online part of the business to integrate a blended approach for our clients, facilitated through a bespoke Learning Management System.
This role is to the lead all digital L&D improvements, supporting business and client projects; to identify and develop innovative, cost-effective digital learning solutions (including e-learning) which support strategic objectives and business requirements. This will involve working with a passionate team and various internal and external stakeholders to ensure dependencies between projects are understood and catered for, preparing project documentations, reporting risks, issues, and progress against the project plan, and ensuring the project is delivered on time and to budget.
The ideal person would have an external eye and keen interest in emerging tech, remaining relevant to the market, and understanding how to commercialise the digital offering. This is a fast-paced environment so project management and the ability to prioritise concurrent projects seamlessly is essential.
The Digital Learning Specialist is responsible for a large variety of tasks from:
- Communicate openly and regularly with key stakeholders (preferred suppliers, internal teams) keeping all parties fully informed of changes, dependencies, and ongoing projects
- Work as an integrated part of the team
- Identify areas where performance and efficiencies can be improved
- Openly sharing information and knowledge with others
- Understanding of the commercial element to ensure sustainable growth of our online learning solution
- Designing and curating digital learning and development content pathways for internal and external clients
- Provide regular updates on issues and changes to practices and procedures.
- Align and manage digital activities within the team; from internal resources to our preferred suppliers, digital platform provider, implementation partners and digital learning designers ensuring we provide good direction, setting priorities and maintaining momentum
- Ensure professional digital program content is created, tailored, and delivered to meet the needs of our clients
- Influence and implement the digital agenda for the business, clients (potential and existing) and editorial oversight of our approach to learning design, assuming a hands-on role to complete digital learning projects.
- Review existing resources and have the creative freedom to advise and define the most suitable methods and approaches to instructional design using digital learning methods to develop our Learning Management System
- Manage an outsourced supply chain
- Design learning resources and materials that reflect an understanding of the diversity of needs and learner preferences
- Deliver a digital L&D strategy which is underpinned by best practice and blended learning principles, integrating classroom and digital learning methodologies Produce a written plan to scope, develop and implement digital learning solutions in conjunction with clients, corporate needs and subject matter experts
- Design, implement and evaluate proof of concept/pilot to test digital learning solutions through conducting regular testing and gathering user feedback
- Work collaboratively with the L&D and business leads to produce high quality business outcomes
- Prepare and present executive level reports as required
- Ensure the commercial viability of the digital offering
- Experience working with Learning Management Systems and L&D software/digital platforms such as Articulate and Cornerstone
- Previous experience in a similar role and/or environment, ideally in a service-related environment
- Experience in overseeing digital training, development, and organisational support within a global company
- Professional communication skills and understanding of the impact of all communication
- Experienced in Microsoft Office programmes
- Proven experience in design, curation, and management of digital and blended learning UX and tools
- Financially astute with commercial aptitude
- Demonstrable experience in digital/e-learning including scoping, developing, and implementing effective solutions
- Experience in delivering projects to agreed SOW and timeframes
- Adobe skills and design of content is advantageous
- The ability to understand and create a simple, seamless experience for the client (from design to UX)
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multitask and prioritize work
- An excellent communicator at all levels with strong relationship building skills
- A high degree of written and spoken English
- Work well under pressure often juggling an assortment of tasks and continually reassessing priorities
- Ability to identify opportunities and risks
- Energy, enthusiasm, and passion for creating innovative solutions
- Maintain the high standard expected and be an ambassador of the organisation values
- Ability to look ahead and foresee challenges and apply proactive problem solving
- Display a ‘can do’ attitude, always aiming to achieve the extraordinary through creative solutions
- Decisive, articulate, and independent whilst remaining a team player
- Ability to be strategic and deliver results through effective implementation
- Accuracy and attention to detail seeing the task through to the end
Please do not apply - if you do not have a British Passport or the right to live and work in the UK. No sponsorship will be offered as part of this position.
The gross annual base salary on offer is between £45,000 - £55,000 D.O.E.
This position offers the successful candidate the opportunity to work ashore with a leading company, with a view to developing skills and obtaining the necessary experience to advance their career.
If this sounds like you, and you are willing and able to live and work within a commutable distance to Chester - please email your CV to Vanessa.Haddacks@faststream.com.