You will perform engineering design review and analysis assignments normally involving a major project or several smaller or less complex projects. These projects by nature of their complexity and difficulty require the fully competent application of conventional knowledge in a particular field of engineering or science. Through broader and more technically challenging work assignments, you will develop a thorough understanding of policies, methods and procedures.
- With minimal or no supervision performs detailed engineering review of plans, as assigned, for compliance with applicable Rules, Regulations and contract commitments.
- Offers technical advice to field operations and other technical offices.
- Performs work which involves conventional engineering practices but may include moderately complex problems such as the resolution of conflicting design requirements, material standards or coordination of activities among other disciplines.
- Proposes new approaches to problems encountered and makes recommendations for changes in methods, procedures or designs.
- Drafts technically accurate and timely reports, and responses.
- Interacts with clients to identify and resolve problems in the area of technical expertise.
- Prepares accurate and timely weekly reports and billing on all work performed.
- Communicates the status of the current workload to all appropriate members of the team to ensure the needs of the clients will be met.
- Demonstrates understanding and ability to apply fundamental classification and quality concepts, practices, and procedures.
- Knowledge of related technical disciplines required.
- The ability to identify, analyze and propose solutions to problems (i.e., the competence to demonstrate complex problem-solving skills).
- Must have the right to work in the UK.
Experience & Education:
To be considered for the position you will need to have:
- B.S. degree in Naval Architecture, Ocean Engineering, or other related disciplines; an M.S. may be preferred.
- Demonstrated computer literacy in engineering software.
- Exposed to Finite Element Method (course work or supervised research).