Job Title: Recruitment Consultant – Crewing
Who we are:
Faststream Recruitment is the market leader across the International Maritime and Shipping Industries. We employ more than 90 professionals across a framework of offices in the UK, Houston and Singapore. Faststream are dedicated to providing the highest levels of professionalism in the marketplace and we strive to exceed our customers’ expectations on both a global and local scale.
As part of the Faststream Crewing team you will work with a variety of international clients recruiting for seafarers looking for their next job at sea. This will range from working with luxury Cruise and Superyacht owners in the Caribbean to the offshore Oil & Gas sector in the North Sea.
Due to recent success we are looking to hire a Recruitment Consultant who will work with an already market leading team to develop highlighted areas of opportunity. You will be UK based but opportunity to travel is highly likely.
A typical day will involve a variety of tasks including:
- Building a client base, usually via cold calling
- Building professional relationships with existing clients
- Attracting candidates by using social media to head hunt, advertise and network
- Managing the interview/selection processes for client and candidate
- Negotiating salaries and terms and conditions
- Researching the market place and industry
- Closing deals!
- You will be a university graduate with a good level degree in any discipline or you will be considered if you have proven work experience in a target driven sales environment or have previous recruitment experience.
- Knowledge of the super yacht industry would be advantageous but not essential.
- You must have a competitive edge and the desire to succeed in this fast paced industry.
- You must be an influential and assertive communicator with a professional work ethic.
- You will enjoy challenging situations where there is freedom to act and the authority to take decisions.
- You will thrive on working to financial targets and will be independent, self-motivated, positive and able to plan and manage your time effectively in order to exceed those targets.
- You will be able to offer a clear understanding of the role of a recruitment consultant.
EARN - We offer a competitive basic salary (DOE) and excellent 'on target earnings’ which are set 1 year in advance. We provide achievable targets and uncapped commission - our commission rates work on a rolling scale ranging from a minimum of 7.5% to a maximum of 30%, with an additional bonus scheme.
OWN - We want our employees to run their own desk so we make sure that you have the autonomy needed to do so. We’ll support, train and encourage our employees to take ownership over what they do.
GROW - We encourage and nurture our talented team and we develop our consultants so they can work their way up the career ladder. As you progress you’ll benefit from perks such as a company car, mobile phone, extended holiday entitlement, private healthcare and a contributory pension.
ENJOY - We have a 'work hard - play hard’ culture and hold regular formal and informal company events. Whether it’s horse racing at Goodwood, eating at Michelin starred restaurants, sailing around the Solent or a trip to Dubai or Las Vegas, we’ll make sure you enjoy working here.
To find out more about this vacancy, or working for Faststream Recruitment please contact Kelsey Connolly (Manager) Kelsey.Connolly@faststream.com or +44(0)2380 208772