Faststream Recruitment is working exclusively with Navigare Capital Partners, Copenhagen, who are seeking an inquisitive Research Analyst to join their research team.
You will become part of a small, intensive team developing sector analysis, investment strategies and support for the investment decisions.
Navigare Capital Partners was founded in 2017 and is the Manager of Maritime Funds, with Danish Pension Funds as cornerstone investors. The first fund owns and manages 16 vessels within dry cargo, containers and tankers and has an LNG newbuilding for delivery in 2021. In addition to the first fund, they have recently opened a second fund. Strategically the owned vessels are engaged in long-term TC out contracts.
This is an exciting position in a small, dedicated and expanding organisation and forms an integral part in defining the company’s market view and investment strategy.
The role will include:
- continually challenging ‘common knowledge’ and investment biases with data and insights
- working in close proximity to the investment decisions
- analysing main commodity markets and their effect on the freight and asset market
- asset pricing analysis
- finding, analysing and presenting market inefficiencies
- preparing material for fund-raising and existing investors
- facilitating strategy processes and forming market views of the segments
- preparing documentation for the investment committee, investors or the board
This is a challenging role with a direct impact on investment decisions and strategic direction. It offers an early entry into a fast-growing company and the opportunity to develop within both the maritime and financial industries.
For this position you will require:
- a master’s degree in Business, Economics or Shipping with excellent academic results (top quintile)
or an equivalent combination of education and experience within energy, shipping, utilities, banking/finance or commodities markets
- a strong analytical and curious mindset with an interest in working within maritime investments
- able to construct business case opportunities and present to internal and external stakeholders (e.g. Investors, Banks etc.)
- ability to conceptualise and formulate business cases to take advantage of market opportunities as they arise
- ability to assimilate, interpret and provide meaningful commercial output from a wide variety of shipping and related sector data streams
- advanced Excel/PowerPoint skills
- fluency in English
- a challenging role, with a direct impact on investment decisions and strategic direction
- early entry into a fast-growing company
- an opportunity to develop within both the maritime and financial industries
- attractive remuneration and employee benefits
Navigare Capital Partners is working exclusively with Faststream Recruitment Ltd for this position and all applications will be handled by Jonathan Pearse of Faststream Recruitment.
If you would like to apply for or discuss the position of Research Analyst at Navigare Capital Partners, please send your CV or contact: