I am working with a design consultancy in the offshore sector, who seek a Senior or Principal Naval Architect to join their team. Amongst other tasks, this person will bring specific skill in Hydrodynamics using CFD software and carry out mooring analysis on a range of exciting international offshore projects.
Essential for the role:
- Masters in Naval Architecture or equivalent qualification
- Minimum of three years' post graduate experience in the marine or offshore industry
- Specific proven skill in hydrodynamics and mooring analysis
- Prior experience working on floating and fixed structures eg CALM Buoys, FPSOs
- For more senior candidates, project management abilities will be likely
- Willingness to learn and develop your existing skills
- The ability to travel internationally at short notice
- Right to work in the UK
Key software are Orcaflex, Ariane, Hydrostar, Ansys, GHS and Python- existing capability is a big bonus, but training can be provided.
Joining a team of 10 Naval Architects, this position could see you slot into a team, or supervise a small cohort of engineers. Although not management, you will be expected to support junior team members and share your skills and knowledge to develop projects. These guys love a challenge, so if you have a desire to develop elegant solutions to tricky problems, then this could be for you!
Teamwork, dedication and commitment are highly valued by this firm, and in return they offer a generous salary with options for CPD and growth. Please apply stating your relevant experience for this role.
My client have various locations and could consider a candidate in any, so if you are interested please get in touch and I will call to discuss the practicalities of each location.