Faststream are working with a leading provider of commercial Marine solutions for Communications, Navigation, Safety, Security, Welfare and Support. Our client has opened up an exciting opportunity for a Marine Electronics Principle Engineer to work for their company based in Liverpool.
Our client are looking for a Principle Engineer with previous Marine Electronics experience. They're looking for an individual who can take on small projects and lead a team of Engineers in their day-to-day duties both on-board ships and in the office. The successful candidate will be working alongside the Regional Manager and office Sales Administrator to ensure a profitable operation and develop and maintain client relationship.
- Carrying out installation and commissioning of equipment on customers' vessel/ premises.
- Maintenance and repairing of equipment.
- Providing technical support to customers and the company's sales and service agents.
- Promoting and seeking the sales of Company products and services during contact with customers.
- Relevant and recent marine navigation and communications domain knowledge regarding the technology on board ships is essential.
- Technical knowledge and competency, able to demonstrate an excellent understanding of the Regulations surrounding the Marine industry as well as a broad knowledge of electronics products.
- GMDSS operator's certificate.
- Radio survey experience.
- BOSIET or OLF certification.
- Previous experience working for a marine electronics service company.
- Navigation and Communications manufactures training courses.
- Car allowance.
- Attractive salary.
- 25 days annual leave
- Contribution pension scheme.
- Travel opportunities.