This position will require a diverse range of engineering skills, as well as strong communication skills and the ability to interact with client and colleagues confidently and independently.
You will plan, conduct, and supervise engineering design reviews and analysis assignments involving projects of varying sizes and complexity – so you must have the ability to apply your engineering knowledge and experience to effectively manage a diverse workload in a fast-paced environment.
Looking for a pro-active, motivated person who is passionate about delivering the best results and will support the team to achieve and maintain our goals of Safety, Service and Solutions.
You’ll have the opportunity to get involved in a wide range of projects, with responsibilities including, but not limited to:
- Applying an intensive and diversified knowledge of engineering principles and practices in broad areas of technical responsibility to ensure delivery of high-quality services and maintenance of good customer relations.
- Reviewing compliance with applicable Rules, Standards, Regulations, and contract requirements.
- Working with other engineering specialist internally and externally and coordinating with various offices globally to acquire technical expertise and solutions when required.
- Combining technical knowledge and initiative to devise innovative approaches to challenges and recommend appropriate solutions.
- Managing assigned projects to ensure accurate, quality focused and timely outcomes.
- Involvement in client and regulator meetings, technical review work, production of qualification statements, proposals, bids, quotations, and billing, working with line managers and local business development teams as required.
- Implementing and maintaining the Company’s Quality System within assigned area of responsibility.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marine or Mechanical Engineering or other related disciplines, with extensive prior experience in a similar technical role and industry; and knowledge of:
- marine systems for ship and offshore units (pressure vessels, boilers, propulsion and piping systems)
- related technical disciplines, applicable Rules and Regulations and impact of Rule applications and interpretations.
- strength calculations of components.
- bulk carriers, container carriers, oil/chemical carriers, offshore support vessels, etc.
- Statutory Codes (IMSBC, IGC, IBC, SOLAS, MARPOL, MODU, SPS etc.)
- Class Regulations and Class Notations, IMO Conventions, MSC/Circulars, MEPC Circulars, Important Flag state requirements, IACS UR/UIs.
- risks and hazards related to arrangements and installation.
- Proficient in Danish & English Language
- Ability to live and work in Denmark without restrictions