The Company -
My client are a desired place to work and have a reach across many sectors of Energy, Engineering and construction around the world. They have over 40,000 people working for them to make sure all areas are covered with the smartest hard-working people there are.
The Role -
To be part of my clients Piping team and assist with all projects they are working on. The team provides a mixture of concept designs and FEED for both offshore and onshore projects. Positions consist of layout and material specification, stress analysis, materials and comprehensive analysis of piping designs. Design positions involve equipment modelling, piping layout and pipe support design within a 3D environment
- Identify scope and schedule changes in accordance with the Change Control Process
- Prepare DO estimates and schedules and assist in their review
- Ensure, as far as practicable possible, that all assigned work is carried out in compliance with the agreed budget and schedule
- Ensure that designs comply with the relevant Standards and procedure
- Maintain DO planning control on all scopes for a given Asset
- Review and check work output of discipline assigned personnel as required
- Preparation of plant layout and piping drawings and design deliverables to the required technical quality with minimum input from engineering personnel
- Conversant with company quality control assurance requirements applicable to draughting function.
- Conversant with codes of practice, standards and relevant sections of statutory documentation applicable to draughting function.
- HNC or equivalent in appropriate engineering subject.
- Familiar with and competent in planning, progress monitoring, forecasting and reporting for draughting function.
- Able to estimate man-hours and materials for delegated aspects of work
- Experienced in the supervision of discipline designers and draughtspersons.
- Experienced senior designer with sound technical background and in depth knowledge of CAD draughting techniques.
- Must have the right to work in the UK