This is a great opportunity for an ambitious Chief Engineer / Captain to take the next step in their career - you must possess the right to live and work in the US for this role. No sponsorship is provided.
As Operations Manager you will enjoy a varied role. Your experience will include maritime statutory and regulatory requirements, marine services, preparing forecasts and budgets for approval, identifying cost savings as well as areas for improvement in the yachts maintenance strategy, technical experience and business management. This position will allow the right candidate to establish themselves within a company that is committed to providing certified quality and safety management systems following the standards laid out in ISO 9001:2008.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Master Seagoing Unlimited license and/or Degree level or equivalent in Engineering
- Minimum 7 years’ onboard sailing as either Captain /Chief Engineer in Commercial Shipping or Superyachts
- Strong leadership, interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Extremely organised and detail oriented
- Strong communication with fluent English language skills (written and spoken) and Computer Literacy
- Excellent presentation
- Flexible and able to travel from time to time
- Willingness for personal development and learning a new Industry (if applicable)
- Dry dock / refit / new build experience - desirable
- Experience of conducting inspections and surveys of hull and machinery
- 5 years’ shore-based experience in a compliance or quality assurance role (desirable)
- Qualified ISM + ISPS auditor (desirable)
- Strong analytic and problem-solving skills
To find out more please email your CV to Vanessa.Haddacks@faststream.com, or call me for a confidential chat +44 (0)23 8020 8830.