This role is likely to be outside IR35 but the final decision will only be made after a Qdos assessment.
As a Technical Advisor Naval Architect for this company you will provide engineering services and technical support for design and analysis related to floating and fixed offshore structures. This role has a strong emphasis in the transportation and installation of fixed offshore structures.
You will primarily provide support related to these disciplines but may get involved in other areas of naval architecture. Specific responsibilities may include but are not limited to topsides transportation analysis (motions) and topsides floatover static and dynamic analyses. The position requires an enthusiastic approach and a strong analytical background to be able to tackle the various challenges related to topsides transportation and installation.
- Bachelor’s or advanced degree in Naval Architecture, Ocean Engineering or directly related discipline required
• 10+ years (minimum) of experience in Naval Architecture, including transportation and installation engineering
• Experience of dynamic floatover analyses
• Experience of transportation analysis (motions)
• Experience with DNV SESAM software and Orcaflex
• Ensure communication of issues, challenges and successes across the discipline team to aid knowledge transfer and learning
• Extensive verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to work as part of a team essential