The selected candidate will be responsible to drive reductions in Vessel Operating expenditure by collaboration with ship managers, understanding similarities and differences in operational and maintenance practices, sharing results and driving change to legacy practices.
They will also monitor, report and evaluate vessel operating expenditure for the owned fleet, provide feedback on drivers and future considerations.
- Drive cost saving opportunities with ship managers globally, collaborate, support and share experiences that drive Opex savings.
- Monitor, evaluate and report on vessel operating expenditure and forecasting to group.
- Utilize data to trend and spot irregularities or opportunities for cost saving initiatives combined with fleet management experience to understand where changes may be applicable.
- Assist in other areas of Fleet Management activities within skills level as and when required.
- Assist in other areas of the wider business as reasonably required and within skills level.
- Act as an Ambassador for the business at all times by acting as mentor/guide and setting a good example to others.
- Collaborate with Vessels and Ship managers on results and trends to drive opex savings. Encourage and share operational differences that drive Opex differences
- Hold regular stakeholder meetings to discuss and implement cost saving initiatives.
- Monitor and evaluate the vessel expenditure on regular basis, focus on trending and different practices.
- Report to group, ship owning entities and MOM on vessel finance drivers and results.
- Discuss various maintenance practices between vessels and ship managers, support and encourage trial and error efforts to drive change.
- Participate in automating the financial reporting tools and future development to streamline the process.
- Deliver Marine Operations financial analysis of monthly opex, Opex KPIs, forecast Opex in line with group practices
- Support ship management in the monthly reporting of Opex ensuring accuracy of allocated costs.
- Approval authority for direct services/suppliers and prefunding to ship managers.
- Collaborate with project teams on capex projects and support business case evaluations.
- Champion a fleet equality approach to operations ensuring all vessels and vessel management have same requirements/treatment regardless of designation.
- Complying at all times with the Company’s policies and procedures.
- Understanding and delivering on the requirements of GDPR legislation.
- Ensure vessels are maintained and operated in compliance with all legal and regulatory requirements, to follow company compliance requirements for financial reporting.
Knowledge and Skills:
- A knowledgeable understanding of shipping/roro industry with experience of vessel operation, operating finance, and reporting. Preferable candidate to have served in ship management or similar role.
- Good Analytical and problem-solving skills with an ability to develop creative and effective solutions to problems.
- Exceptional communication skills and a demonstrated ability to work across multiple departments, cultures and stakeholder groups, English language written & oral to a high level.
- Collaborative team player with motivation and drive, ability to work alone & as part of a team, be accountable for own decisions and ability to accept change and look for opportunities to adapt our ways of working to enhance the company profitability, sustainability and customer experience.
- Strong financial acumen with attention to detail and a digital mindset.
- Good level of IT skills in particular MS excel, power BI & other finance systems an advantage.
- Full clean driving licence
- Maritime management level qualification either Master or Chief Engineer or degree level equivalent, candidates with lesser qualifications but extensive experience with Opex or in a similar role can be considered, alternatively a managerial level financial qualification with experience of vessel operation or within vessel operation.
This is a great opportunity to join a world leader in their field in a new and unique role
To be considered you must have the right to live and work in the UK