- Maintain safe, reliable and efficient operations by ensuring high technical and operational standards of maintenance/repairs of the vessels of the company.
- Administer shipping support and technical knowledge to the vessels by utilizing the marine engineering expertise.
- Assist in the preparation of budgets for the vessels, monitor the costs and evaluate the variations in order to provide detailed explanation.
- Participate, in conjunction with the Supply Department in sourcing the technical and operational supplies required for the vessels and contribute lo the assurance that the rates are most economical.
- Ensure that flag, class and other regulatory requirements are met with and that their certificates and surveys are validated as and when required.
- Examine various vessel improvement processes and technical problem and suggest appropriate solutions, recommendations and modifications. Prepare a list of well-defined outcomes and ensure its completion.
- Conduct statistical analysis and prepare reports on various subjects such as technical standards of vessels, repairs, dry docking and performance in order to attain the industry best standards.
- Reduce loss time accident exposure to the targeted minimum level and, maintain vessels' loss time accident record, and report all vessel incidents, near misses to prevent and eliminate potential incidents.
- Contribute in the formulation of the ship management policies and procedures.
- Prepare, classify, analyze and update the various dry clocking specifications as and when required.
- Assist with risk assessment procedures and accident I incident investigations and prepare reports.
- Execute the Emergency Response Plan duties and responsibilities under the direction and guidance of Company Incident Commander
15. Act as the company representative al various industry forums as and when required.
16. Liaise with customers on technical and operational matters including vessel performance etc
Candidates should have at least below qualifications:
- 24 months as Chief Engineer in LNG vessel (steam / motor)
- Has Chief Engineer COC (steam and motor) or combined