The role shall lead Human Resources’ planning, practices, and objectives, aiming for an employee centric high-performance culture, emphasizing on quality talent acquisition, productivity, goal achievement and empowerment. They shall be responsible for the delivery of the Group’s HR strategy, development of processes and metrics that support the achievement of the Group’s business goals and all aspects of HR for the Group, in all locations. They shall work closely with colleagues to ensure that all HR duties are undertaken in accordance with relevant laws, regulations, and company policies.
The Group HR Manager/Director shall be reporting directly to the C-Level Executives of the Group.
- Designs and delivers the HR strategy of the Group
- Sets the objectives and targets for the Group’s Human Resources teams, allocates duties and responsibilities, coaches, guides and tracks progress
- Reviews departmental budgets and reports on them
- Monitors HR metrices (e.g., cost-per-hire and turnover rates)
- Designs and implements the Group’s policies for promoting an engaging environment to attract, retain and develop talent
- Ensures HR teams address the requests and complaints of employees timely and adequately
- Discusses the career development paths of employees with Line Managers and leads career development initiatives
- Maintains HR procedures in compliance with relevant laws, regulations, and Group policies
- Supports and suggests improvements on current HR processes
- Proposes and leads the design of new HR processes (based on Group’s needs)
- Leads Groupwide HR projects such as digitalisation of the HR function, leadership development, talent identification and development, culture enhancement, implementation of HR initiatives etc.
- Leads and promotes Diversity and Inclusion activities
- At least 4 years proven experience of leadership in operational HR at an organisation with presence in various countries
- Experience in the shipping / ship management industry will be considered an advantage
- University degree (including postgraduate) in HR Management, Organisational Development or other related field
- Knowledge of employment law internationally
- Strong influencing and leadership skills
- Demonstrated ability to interact effectively with Executives and Line Managers
- Excellent written English language skills
- Experience with HR Management Software (e.g. SAGE) will be considered an advantage
- Flexibility to travel
In return for the above you can expect an excellent Net salary package along with a strong career opportunity that will provide daily challenges and the chance to be part of a company at a time of growth globally.