You will be responsible for all aspects of quality assurance and control, including managing an active process auditing and feedback system, driving process control, eliminating non-conforming processes and products, complying with customer and corporate requirements, and Quality team leadership and HR development.
Essential responsibilities include but are not limited to the following activities:
- Maintaining and further developing the tools for internal and external reporting of data as guided by leadership.
- Ensuring customer reporting is completed accurately per relevant agreements.
- Facilitating of operational reporting to customers.
- Liaising with customers on reporting and contract details related to vessel performance and KPIs / matrices.
- Assisting gap analysis on new service agreements to ensure guarantees can be met.
- Working with Leadership and management teams to define quality related training needs and assists in developing and conducting quality training for all levels in the organization.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Maritime, or Engineering preferably in Petroleum, Chemical or Environmental. Other degrees will be considered commensurate with work experience.
- Minimum 2 years of relevant professional experience is preferred.
- Candidates should have experience regarding the HSSEQ field(s), ship management, preferably related to a maritime, Offshore or oil and gas industry projects.
- Candidates should have experience in HSSEQ Analytics and HSSEQ program implementation.
- Candidates should have experience in data management and analytical review/reporting
Sponsorship is not available for this position, so you would need to be a US Citizen / Green Card holder.