Silverstream Technologies has successfully developed and deployed a market-leading clean marine technology solution over the last ten years – The Silverstream® System. Our Air Lubrication System (ALS) fundamentally changes the interaction between water and a vessel’s hull, creating a carpet of microbubbles that coats the flat bottom of a vessel. As a result, frictional resistance is reduced – dramatically improving a vessel’s fuel consumption and associated emissions.
Reporting to the Head of Product Development, the Data Scientist will be responsible for leveraging data to further develop the product and improve integration of tools and systems used to derive the performance of the Silverstream® System.
- Work with large and complex data sets to solve a wide variety of challenging problems using different analytical and statistical approaches.
- Build state of the art machine learning models and data visualizations.
- Work with the Data Engineer and Software Engineer to build scalable, re-useable and impactful data science products.
- Interpret and effectively communicate insights to stakeholders including customers and senior business executives.
- Gain a full understanding of experimental works executed to date and the techniques used for calculating energy savings associated with the system.
- Develop a clear understanding of the methods currently utilised for relaying performance of systems/ships in service.
- Develop a clear understanding of the role of the components within the Silverstream® System including but not limited to Air Release Units (ARU), compressors, piping, valves and automation systems.
- Develop a complete understanding of how data is utilised across the business, focussing primarily on technical, sales and supply chain to recommend methods of improvement.
- Feed into the planning and execution of projects as directed by the Head of Product Development.
- Degree in computer science, Mathematics or equivalent subject.
- More than 2 years of industry experience working as a Data Scientist.
- Experience using statistical software and programming including R and Python.
- Experience using database languages including SQL.
- Experience with standard machine learning techniques and machine learning frameworks such as scikit-learn and TensorFlow.
- Practical experience of leveraging data from scientific experimentation/application to improve products and/or processes is desirable.
- Travel – if required but not foreseen
- Place of work – Silverstream offices – Central London inc. hybrid working.