The Compliance and Fleet Manager will be responsible for supporting both the fleet of vessels and the wider Compliance Team working closely with the Head of Yacht Management.
Key responsibilities of the role are varied and can include the preparation of annual budgets, working closely with the Captains and Engineers in ensuring the yachts maintenance is managed, organising annual dry dockings, monitoring the yachts certification, budgeting, ensuring that vessels adhere to class and flag requirements. It will be your responsibility to ensure that work is completed on time, within budget and kept to company standards. You will also enjoy regular travel to the yachts to conduct inspections and visits.
- Develop and own monthly reporting of the fleet to communicate findings and developments to the Senior Leadership Team, as well as to key stakeholders
- Support the fleet in all areas of Compliance in capturing and monitoring the initiatives required to execute the aims and objectives of the company
- Establish an audit reporting/tracking system to enhance supplier and supply chain visibility.
- Maintain key communication across the fleet, with stakeholders and across the internal team.
- 10 years’ experience in the Maritime industry – Yachting experience is a MUST.
- Experience sailing as senior deck officer in the Superyacht sector
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Good commercial knowledge and negotiating ability
- Excellent decision-making ability
- Leadership transferrable skills – the ability to oversee, guide and advise a small team
- Strong knowledge of ISM/ISPS, SOLAS, MLC & STCW auditing experience
- DPA Qualification
- Strong knowledge of relevant Flag & Classification Society Rules & Regulations.
- Willingness and ability to look after Owners interests
- Self-starter with the ability to work autonomously
- Well presented
- Fluent English language skills (written and spoken) and Computer Literacy
- Strong attention to detail, report writing
- Willing and able to travel frequently – up to 1 week per month, as and when required
- Shore-based experience in a similar role with Super yachts
- Up to date knowledge of maritime legislation including marine insurance
- Company Security Officer Certificate
- Marine Auditor / Lead Auditor Certificate
- Project Management experience in the Superyacht sector, refits, new builds, dry docks
Please do not apply unless you have a British Passport or current Visa to live and work in the UK.
To find out more please email your CV to Vanessa.Haddacks@faststream.com. If you have not been contacted within 10 days of making your application, please understand that you have not been successful this time and we will keep your details on file for future opportunities.