Are you looking for a Senior Level Business Development role in Shipping and Maritime? Our global client is an established ESG SaaS organisation that are expanding in the Charterers space.
Reporting in directly to the Chief Commercial Officer, the Senior Business Development Manager will be responsible for winning business from prospective customers in the Chartering domain. The individual will implement new business initiatives within large Charterer accounts and identify new sales and customer growth opportunities across the 3 sales regions for global impact. The incumbent would be responsible for raising the clients profile as a maritime tech partner, lifting sales performance and contributing to the wider business success across the world.
- Identify priority growth areas and drive the implementation of business development plans to grow the client’s value proposition for Charterers, which range from hard commodity movers to agribulk traders and wet charterers.
- Set short and medium-term business objectives with the Chief Commercial Officer and be responsible for the implementation and attainment of the agreed plan.
- Build out commercial business cases to support growth initiatives including end to end strategies which will drive sales, promotional activity, financial analysis & reporting.
- Use appropriate systems and tools to deliver all required reports to support decision making. Leverage actively via data and analytics in CRM tools to identify growth opportunities.
- Hunt and acquire new commercial opportunities in the Charterer landscape while establishing the customer requirements across the client’s solutions. Establishing a stronger reach in the Charterer customer type, to provide an increased level of safety, and sustainability standards in the industry.
- Research on organisations and individuals to identify new growth opportunities, targeting especially the Charterers space. Customer identification and acquisition activities globally including the development of customer segments in line with business plan and determining / evaluating new markets and entry options.
- Driving customer satisfaction by ensuring appropriate handovers of customers between departments like sales, client management, issue escalation and resolution
- Interact with prospective consumers to relay the product’s value and benefits while gathering direct feedback.
- Communicate the business strategy and value proposition to customers and other key stakeholders, e.g. industry associations and institutions.
- Develop, implement and maintain a customer acquisition strategy alongside Heads of Commercial and the Regional sales teams.
- Manage the transition of a customer from solution proposition to operational execution by liaising with and maintaining strong relations with the Heads of Operations.
- Work closely with the Product Team to ensure a competitive and compelling service and product offering.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Business Administration or other relevant disciplines
- At least 15 years of relevant work experience in generating new business and achieving revenue growth, especially within the Chartering domain
- Subject matter expertise and strong network of Charterer prospects would be crucial, via working experiences in dry commodity traders, or energy companies.
- Prior exposure in the maritime industry and/or software sales highly advantageous
- Ability to forge new relationships and credibility quickly and effectively
- Experience in creating brand awareness and identifying branding activities
- Strong business acumen with a penchant for data and insights to support innovation
- Ability to conduct negotiations, influence and interact across all levels in the organisation
- Excellent written, oral, presentation, interpersonal and team skills. Proficiency in multiple languages would be advantageous
- A personal commitment to improve safety and environmental sustainability of the maritime industry