Starting under the direction and supervision of an experienced Vessel Manager, the Assistant Vessel Manager will build their knowledge and experience so that by 18 months in position, they have full-time responsibility of two vessels.
The role acts as an intermediate step to Vessel Manager.
Assistant Vessel Managers are expected to build their knowledge and experience in preparation for promotion to Vessel Manager. They are to fully familiarize themselves with all aspects of ship management. They will be supported to do this by the Fleet Manager, Vessel Manager, and Marine & Technical Services groups.
- Maritime Certificate of Competency (Chief Mate/Class II or higher) and/or relevant experience, and/or suitable higher education in Engineering/Electro-Technical studies or Marine Management equivalent.
- Demonstrates teamwork, interpersonal and communications skills.
- Knowledge of technical operations for the vessel types managed.
- Knowledge of propulsion plant onboard vessels managed.
- Knowledge of cargo containment system, cargo handling equipment and systems on board vessels managed.
- LNG experience.