|Salary:||Exceptional Remuneration Package|
|Division:||SHIPBUILDING & YARDS JOBS|
Faststream Recruitment has entered into an exclusive partnership with MSC Cruises to recruit and hire the new build site teams across Europe who will be critical in MSC's extensive cruise ship new build programme.
The Ship's Building Manager plays a crucial role on site in the construction and delivery of an assigned class of new vessels built with the support of an organised team of area team leaders, discipline specialists and surveyors.
- Ensures that all new vessels under their responsibility are being built and delivered in accordance to the requirements set out in technical specifications, meet the company operating standards and expectations;
- Highlights relevant aspects of the ship that can be improved for future vessels constructions of the same class, ensures implementation of lessons learned from previous new build vessels as well as corrective actions to prevent any noteworthy defects and/or anomalies which may arise on previous sister vessels during their warranty period;
- Ensures adequate supervision of all matters related to a ship construction under his/her responsibility, including steel fabrication, paint application, technical installation and outfitting, architectural construction and finishing, systems and equipment verification, functionality testing and commissioning and final acceptance of sections, structures, spaces, areas or systems are inspected, verified and functionally tested.
- Checks that the original design concept, developed during the plan approval process, and design inputs/requirements from CM technical office are respected and correctly implemented during the coordination phase and provides supervision during the subsequent installation and testing phase on board the vessel to ensure full compliance;
- Ensures that Owner's approved design/functional changes and/or deviations are correctly implemented, ensuring company standards and expected performances are constantly met;
- Keeps themselves informed and feeds information back to both the Site Director and the relevant project manager in the technical office;
- Arranges and participates to meetings with the shipyard to review any matter related to the construction of an assigned class of vessels;
- Manages the reporting of non-conformity's and defects discovered during contraction and negotiate together with the Site Director and the project manager corrective actions to be taken by the shipyard;
- Keeps records of the construction progress and anticipates potential threats that could delay or affect the delivery of the ship or one of its sections, providing weekly/monthly updates to the Site Director and the Technical office PM
Job-Requirements: skills, competencies, experience
- Fluency in English, knowledge of Italian is a plus;
- A University Degree in a technical discipline relevant to shipbuilding;
- Extensive experience with following shipyard large building activities and delivering of new and/or refurbished cruise vessels; Significant experience in project management in a leadership position is also required;
- Familiarity with Marine Rules and International Standards and Regulations;
- Ability to review new building specifications and drawings and to read and understand multidisciplinary engineering deliverable ;
- Good apolitical skills, attention to detail and a 'can do' attitude;
- Excellent leadership skills;
Right to work,live & travel within the EUBack to Jobs Page
Exceptional Remuneration Package