|Salary:||£45,000 - £55,000|
|Division:||NAVAL ARCHITECTURE & DESIGN JOBS|
My client seeks an offshore engineer with real-world knowledge of Jack-Up rig operations. This person may have qualified as a Naval Architect or Structural/Civil Engineer, and have developed expertise in the relevant areas of offshore transportation or installation design experience on Jack-Up projects.
The successful applicant will work predominantly on Marine Warranty Surveyor (MWS) and Consultancy projects at project/package level. The offshore engineer will spend the majority of their time undertaking chargeable project work. The remainder is expected to be spent on preparation of quotations and bids documents and mentoring junior team members.
The successful applicant will undertake MWS engineering review, consultancy and site attendances, on behalf of insurers, Oil & Gas and Renewables companies, and offshore contractors on projects including: Jack-Up rigs / wind farm installation vessel operations and location approvals, Offshore/marine transportation, Heavy Lifts, load-out and installation of fixed and floating structures.
* Technical document reviews and site attendances with respect to MWS or consultancy project requirements.
* Meeting the project schedule and budget for MWS or consultancy projects.
* Ensuring that the project is delivered in accordance with the agreed project technical standards and current industry codes.
* When managing MWS projects you will be: briefing project staff, risk management, liaising with clients, technical delivery, delegating certain projects/tasks, report writing, checking, authorization, and submission.
* Preparing of bids in conjunction with the Project Directors or the Energy Operations Director.
* To collaborate with other disciplines and members of the group regarding operational and specialist matters.
* Chartered Engineer (or working towards): qualified in Naval Architecture, Structural, Civil or Mechanical Engineering
* Relevant offshore transportation and construction track record as well as other offshore operations experience.
* Up to date knowledge of Loadout, Installation and Transportation methods, Codes of Practice, Rules and Guidelines.
* Have experience of delivering MWS/Consultancy projects within schedule and on budget and can demonstrate a proven ability for project management.
* Role is office based but successful candidate will need to be flexible to travel abroad and offshore, sometimes at a short notice.
This role can offer exposure to a variety of projects and therefore lots of opportunity to apply and develop engineering capabilities. Salary is commensurate with experience but competitive, and benefits package is generous in the current market.Back to Jobs Page