|Salary:||Excellent Salary and Benefits Package|
|Division:||MARINE OPERATIONS JOBS|
The Vetting Officer is responsible for monitoring and implementing the Fleet Vetting Program, for following up on any third-party inspection reports and effectively responding to them.
The Vetting Officer participates in the development of the investigation reports of accidents and incidents, the identification of root cause and the establishment of preventive actions. The role also contributes to the maintenance of statistical data, development of systems and reports required for the monitoring of the fleet status and performance.
The Vetting Officer is significantly involved in the preparation for internal, external and TMSA audits and participation in them is part of the role's description.
Candidates applying should have the following profile:
Education, Experience & Skills
* Graduate of the Merchant Marine Academy with 2-4 years of sea-going experience or graduate of a Naval Architecture, other Engineering or shipping discipline, accompanied by 3-5 years of relevant working experience in Vetting and Screening or in Health, Safety & Quality roles
* Postgraduate studies will be a strong asset
* Proficiency in English, both written and oral
* Very good use of the Microsoft Office suite
* Attention to detail and the ability to organize and prioritize tasks effectively are very important attributes
Back to Jobs Page
Highly Competitive Base Salary + Field Pay + Benefits