|Salary:||Competitive Basic + Excellent Benefits|
|Division:||MARINE SURVEYING JOBS|
Technical & Compliance Officer
Department: Inspection & Surveys Department
Reporting to: Head of Department- Inspection & Surveys
This outstanding organisation with some of the highest international standards among Ship Registries has an exciting opportunity for a Master Mariner to join their expanding Inspection & Surveys Department where you will carry out a wide range of duties associated with statutory compliance of their diverse fleet.
The primary purpose of this role to ensure that registered ships comply with the requirements and the relevant international Convention and Code requirements set out by the authority. In addition, you will be expected to provide advice to ship owners, managers, classification societies and other parties on the authority and international requirements and provide input on navigational matters to the department.
Essential functions and responsibilities:
* Provision of guidance to ship owners, managers, recognised organisations, other departments in the Authority and other relevant government agencies.
* Management of inspections (flag State and port State) and instigation of appropriate follow-up measures as required.
* Conducting technical reviews of vessels proposed for registration and making appropriate recommendations to the Registrar.
* Representing the Authority at meetings of the International Maritime Organization (IMO) and other bodies as required, including active participation in working and correspondence group discussions.
* Developing and revising technical guidance documents such as departmental procedures and policies and information bulletins.
* Acting as the Emergency Response Officer on a rotational basis.
* Candidates will need to have the permanent right to work in the UK.
* STCW II/2 unlimited Master Mariner;
* Seagoing experience at a senior level or surveying experience within an IACS Classification Society
* Experience in risk management techniques
* Highly developed written and oral presentation skills
* Sound knowledge of IMO/ILO Conventions and Codes
* Good critical thinking and analysis skills
* Computer literacy is essential
* Good inter-personal and cross-cultural skills
* Good team-working skills
* Self-motivated and able to work without supervision
* Good organisational skills and capable of logical prioritisation of activities.
* Competitive base salary
* 15% gratuity (paid either monthly to a pension, or every three years period)
* UK Private medical insurance
* 25 days holiday per annum (pro rata) in the first year;
* Interest free season ticket loan after probation period