|Salary:||A competitive remuneration package.|
An innovative Renewable Technology company are seeking Tank Testing Engineer to kick off their career, joining their offshore renewable energy design and development department. Working within the Design and Development Team, the successful candidate will work on all aspects of small-scale testing projects, supporting the existing team, this will include prototype design, assembly, commissioning, testing and data analysis. The tank test programs are a core part of the company's activities and are used to inform decisions and designs at all scales and levels of development. The successful candidate will also have the opportunity to support other tasks within the design and development team. This role would be suitable for a recent graduate or somebody in the first years of their career. The role requires a broad skill set and ability to work flexibly, picking up new skills and tasks quickly.
Working from the main office in Swansea, the Tank testing engineer will be responsible for:
* CAD design and drawings for tank testing systems.
* Procurement of tank testing components.
* Prototype build, this involves use of hand tools, with support from the team.
* Prototype commissioning, this involves conducting trials on the prototype ahead of deployment in the test tank.
* Attendance at tank and flume facilities to conduct tests.
* Data analysis and processing.
* Report writing, including conclusions and recommendations.
* Supporting the existing team's planning and project management of the tank testing activities.
* Degree/HNC or equivalent time served in Engineering or related discipline.
* Good practical skills for prototype assembly and testing.
* Ability to use CAD software, preferably Autodesk Inventor but specific training can be provided.
* Good organisational skills and ability to work in a fast-paced environment reacting quickly and effectively to changes.
* Ability to work away when conducting tests at tank and flume facilities.
* Strong analytical capabilities, using tools such as MATLAB to analyse and process data.
* A genuine interest and passion for addressing the challenges of energy generation at sea.
* Proficient in English, both spoken and written.
* Eligibility to live and work in the UK.
* Valid UK Driving Licence.
* Experience of wave tank testing or other relevant scale system testing.
* Experience working with control, sensing, and logging system.
* Marine energy related experience or qualifications.
* Good practical skills with an ability to assemble and operate scale tank models with support.
The opportunity to work with an innovative renewable technology company who are ever growing and setting examples for the future energy market, who offer a friendly and social culture along with a competitive remuneration package plus pension contribution and a generous holiday allowance.Back to Jobs Page