Faststream is recruiting for a Structural O&M Engineer to work within the Operations and Maintenance Division of a major power producers' Offshore Wind Business. The successful candidate wil focus on the delivery of critical work packages relating to the structural integrity management of the operational assets and additionally input to the ongoing development and construction of projects.
This is a 6 month contract assignment in the first instance.
The scope of the Engineer will be focused on the following work packages:
* Develop and update of maintenance scope of works (inspection regimes).
* Technical management of key integrity issues.
* Review of new design concepts.
This will require:
* Experience in defining maintenance scope of works.
* Experience in analysing failures and defining root causes and corrective actions.
o Perform assessment of structural engineering issues compromising the long-term integrity of the offshore wind assets, both above water line and subsea. No modelling or detailed calculations will be required.
o Evaluating O&M solutions / risk levels affecting technical integrity or asset performance and giving mitigation recommendations.
o Technical judgement and decision making.
o Ability to fully relate commercial drivers to the operational/technical decision-making process to ensure that site commercial performance is optimised.
* Ability to ensure that all assessment, advice and recommendations are fully documented according to internal procedures and industry best practice, and that sufficient technical and commercial due diligence exists to support those business decisions.
* Understanding of technical standards, best practice and certification requirements.
* Proven knowledge and industrial experience of Offshore structures (welds, corrosion, scour, fatigue).
Specific capability is required on topics related to NDT techniques, fracture mechanics and fatigue assessment. Significant experience in any of the following areas will be considered an advantage; corrosion protection systems (galvanic and ICCP), fabrication of steelwork, structural condition monitoring systems, MPTP bolted connections, stress analysis, inspection regimes and offshore maintenance standards (BSH).
* Significant postgraduate experience in either Offshore Wind or Oil & Gas
* Sound knowledge in the area of structural integrity, inspection and maintenance activities
* Ability to scrutinise complex engineering problems, carry out root-cause analysis, propose engineering solutions
* Strong communication skills
* Self-motivated with a flexible approach to work; independent and autonomous individual; able to adapt quickly to a rapidly changing in working environment and demonstrate a positive approach.
* Masters degree in Structural or Mechanical Engineering
Please apply online... or call me on 02382 025350.Back to Jobs Page