|Salary:||Competitive Renumeration Package|
|Division:||NAVAL ARCHITECTURE & DESIGN JOBS|
Do you have what it takes to join a pioneering company who are leading the shipping industry towards a greener future?
Silverstream Technologies are working with Faststream exclusively to recruit driven and dynamic individuals to join their team as they embark upon an exciting new phase of growth. Silverstream are a fast-growing company at the forefront of ship efficiency technology.
Reporting to the Technical Manager, this key role is to provide subject matter expertise to the Silverstream Technologies business in the context of structural design, fabrication and integration of our ALS. You will be involved in a wide range of activities from overseeing the design and fabrication process associated with the key structural components of our system (Air Release Units - ARUs), including devising means of simplifying the structural integration at ship, to overseeing the established relationships with fabricators of such components and their installation at ship. You will devise, instigate, execute and manage a programme of cost engineering activities agreed with Silverstream Technologies' senior management as relating to provision and integration of Air Release Units. You will provide a focal point to our engineering teams in context of structures, nurturing and growing our skills base in this regard.
* Provide subject matter expertise relating to structural integration of ALS both as a Retrofit and as part of a Newbuild project, leading liaison with Class in terms of structural analysis needs
* Provide a focal point to our engineering teams in context of structural design and fabrication, nurturing and growing our skills base in this regard
* Manage demands for engineering support within discipline, providing guidance to the business in terms of needs to augment through supporting engineering Framework Agreements, for which you will have technical responsibility for deliverables
* Act as technical focal point for fabrication activities, encompassing amongst others;
* Oversee quality and timeliness of 3rd party fabrication activities
* Execute cost effectiveness review of current ARU design and delivery philosophy s
* Apply structural engineering expertise on Projects in support of Project Engineers (PE)
* Perform duties as requested by senior management from time to time
* Attendance at shipyards including oversight of ARU installation activities
* Develop suite of standard Project deliverables that articulate the mechanical/piping/HVAC elements of ALS installation
Skills, Qualifications, Experience & Characteristics:
* Higher Degree in Naval Architecture, structural engineering or a related subject
* Chartered Engineering Status
* A clear and demonstratable understanding of the design of hull structures with a specific emphasis to ship modification and means of verification of structural changes through application of first principles and Finite Element analysis tools
* A clear and demonstratable understanding of construction/fabrication practices, processes and standards within the shipbuilding and/or related industries. With understanding spanning the above and inclusive of elements ranging from structural detailing to welding practices
* Experience relating to the oversight and verification of structural works executed within a shipyard environment
* Conversant with AutoCAD and/or similar drafting packages. Some experience with Solid Works/3D modelling is desirable although not essential
* A highly competitive base salary, pension and flexible working
* The opportunity to work for a truly visionary company making a real impact on green technology making the shipping industry more sustainable.
* Be a part of a passionate innovative team where your voice is truly heard and where you can make a real difference