|Salary:||Market Competitive Package|
|Division:||SHIPBUILDING & YARDS JOBS|
Through Faststreams exclusive partnership with MSC Cruises, we are looking to recruit a Site Director to be based initially in Fincantieri's, Monfalcone shipyard
The Site Director is responsible for supervising the construction, inspection and joint handover into operation of vessels being developed through MSC's New Building Programme.
Through utilising the Site Team resources and supported by the Project Teams located in London, ensure that the vessels under construction are delivered in accordance with approved contracts, specifications, drawings and related documentation. Ensure the performance of the shipyard is monitored to ensure successful delivery, that risks and issues are mitigated and the obligations under all contracts are met by both MSC and the relevant shipyard.
The Site Director is also responsible for the operational supervision and daily management of the personnel employed on site.
Job-Requirements: skills, competencies, experience;
- Fluency in English, knowledge of Italian (for Fincantieri) is a plus;
- A University Degree in a technical discipline relevant to shipbuilding or equivalent experience
- 5 to 10 years Cruise Ship Site Director/Manager experience and project management;
- Proficiency with the use of Microsoft Office (including Excel, MS Word, MS Project or equivalent and PowerPoint). Auto Cad an advantage.
- Good knowledge of Marine Rules (Solas, IMO, appropriate regulatory body) and International Standards and Regulations;
- Ability to review new building specifications and drawings and to read and understand a variety of engineering drawings;
- Good analytical skills, attention to detail and a 'can do' attitude;
- Excellent leadership skills and experience of working in a multi-cultural environment
- Availability to work long hours under pressure and over the weekend when required. Frequent travelling is involved;
On offer is a very attractive remuneration package and the opportunity for work for an organisation with an extensive newbuild programme who are not letting a global pandemic get in the way of their ambitious growth plans.Back to Jobs Page