|Division:||SHIPBUILDING & YARDS JOBS|
I am representing a marine technology company with a top reputation in the industry. They seek a Shipyard Expert to lead strategic development of best practice guidelines as their business continues to grow.
Used by some of the leading names in the Marine and Oil&Gas sectors, this technology has revolutionised the market due to its environmental and cost-saving capabilities. My client aims to work with the industry's innovators, with key focus on vessel performance.
A main function of the role will be to establish and maintain best practice protocols for roll out to partnered yards, ensuring a cohesive approach from internal teams, subcontractors and yard teams. You will actively build good relationships internally, providing mentorship and guidance to both Project Teams and Senior Management.
You will also carry out procurement activity to source and select installation partners and equipment able to meet technical specifications and QHSE requirements. Evaluation of existing relationships and operations with partner yards will be required, to assess required guidance and support. This role will also include providing brand presence and seeking opportunity for sales and ongoing business development.
* Degree or equivalent level with extensive experience in the Marine sector. Ideally a Chartered engineer.
* Proven Project Manager- professional PM qualifications are desirable
* Experience of outfitting projects & system integration within new technologies
* Experience of managing projects in-yard- familiar with working practices in Europe/Asia
* Exposure to LNG carrier and cruise markets would also be a major plus
* Fluent written and spoken English language skills
* Existing network of contacts within shipyards- ideally in the Chinese market
There is no set requirement for the kind of company this person would come from, but someone with a background as a Client Representative within a shipping company, or a New Build Surveyor for Class might be well suited to the job.
Current Right To Work in the UK and travel unrestricted in Europe and Asia is essential. Salary and benefits are negotiable based on experience and current remuneration. Please express your interest by sending your CV today, and I will call to discuss the role in more detail.Back to Jobs Page