|Salary:||Competitive salary and package on offer|
|Division:||NAVAL ARCHITECTURE & DESIGN JOBS|
Faststream are proud to be recruiting a Senior Structural Engineer for the well established Design Consultancy based in Hampshire.
As an experienced Strucural Engineer you will be relied up to provide expert design work for a variety of projects and also be a technical point of knowledge and trouble shooter for the Structural Engineering team.
Skills and experience required:-
* Self-motivation and time management to meet agreed targets and deliverables deadlines.
* Personal time planning, including feedback to support in the definition of resource requirements, time budgets and deliverables deadlines.
* Commercial awareness, with the ability to ensure that works are being carried out and completed to an appropriate standard and level of detail, measured against the contracted deliverables and tracked against the agreed budget.
* Proven communication skills, with experience of liaison and reporting and the ability to lead a project team for the structural development and draughting of a design.
* Proven experience of taking responsibility for engineering design calculations and for answering technical queries, with a solid understanding of the fundamentals of structural design theory.
* A sound working knowledge of ship rules and regulations.
* Detailed understanding of LY3/PYC, LR Ship Rules and SSC is an advantage.
* Experienced skill level in 2D CAD (AutoCAD) and basic skills in 3D CAD (Rhino) to develop and review design information.
* Experienced skill level in MS Office to develop reports, spreadsheet data and presentation information.
* Familiarity with MathCAD calculation software and Strand7 FEA software is an advantage.
* Experience of shipyard construction and detailing for production is an advantage.
Back to Jobs Page
Competitive salary and package on offer