|Division:||NAVAL ARCHITECTURE & DESIGN JOBS|
I am exclusively representing a solutions-focused engineering firm in Aberdeen. They are leading suppliers of mooring technology and pride themselves on creating innovative solutions for rig moves, mooring services and marine projects. Their offering includes engineering and design, fabrication, subsea installation and survey and positioning.
Due to continued expansion, they are adding a Senior Project Engineer to the team. Sitting within the Engineering Department, this engineer will contribute to the safe, efficient and cost-effective planning and execution of projects, through tender development, leading engineering work packages, procedural development and offshore execution.
This company's services are designed to meet the specified needs of each project safely and efficiently. Whether it's a rig move, renewables project or an ultra-deepwater mooring installation, they can offer all of the services required, from a single source. These include project management, marine expertise and assurance, engineering and draughting, survey and positioning, equipment inspection and integrity assurance services, together with equipment rental and sales. Therefore, ability to liaise effectively with all internal teams is key.
Onshore duties will include:
* Lead technical response for project tenders and assist in commercial aspects
* Management of individual projects dependent on type/scale under supervision of Projects Manager
* Responsible for engineering deliverables in support of the specific projects either independently or through management of internal / external resources
* Responsible for the development of operational procedures for utilisation offshore including step by step methodology, rigging arrangements and lifting plans
* Development of procedural sketches in conjunction with design department
* Identification of equipment requirements for projects, including rigging design, and interface with sales / rental departments for procurement / delivery
* Responsible for the development of mobilisation / demobilisation plans and quayside supervision during mobilisation / demobilisation activities to ensure work is completed as per procedures
* Create, maintain and report on project schedules as required
* Attend meetings with clients and sub-contractors
* Actively participate in HIRAs
* Produce scopes of work for sub-contractors
* AssistprojectQHSE advisor to ensure:
* Hazards and risks associated with equipment and operational practices are assessed
* Effective control measures are implemented to minimise potentially harmful situations
* Safety Management Plans and appropriate Risk Assessments are carried out at appropriate phases of operational projects
* Identification and quantification of the key risk(s) and reducing the overall risk to as low as reasonably practical (ALARP) following industry best practice
* Complete Daily Progress Report (DPR)
* Oversee vessel mobilisations/de-mobilisations
* Assist the offshore supervisors in the management of sub-contractors and the execution of the project
* Perform on site calculations as required
* Produce and complete Management of Change forms as required
* Oversee deck operations ensuring that procedures are followed, and relevant information is recorded
* Ensure IM and vessel safety policy is adhered to at all times.
* Conduct pre-job safety briefings and toolbox talks with project team/sub-contractors as required
* Ensure all required information is recorded / collected for completion of as-built documentation / post job report
* Degree in engineering discipline with minimum 5 years' experience in the oil and gas industry
* Experience in design/installation of permanent mooring systems for FPSOs, FSOs, FSUs, CALM buoys etc.
* Offshore experience as a Project Engineer for installation projects
* Experience in development of offshore operational procedures for installation/subsea construction
* Familiarity with installation analysis for of flexible risers/umbilicals
* Competent in Microsoft office suite and technical software, ideally Orcaflex
* Confident with tender development including method statements, scheduling and financial estimates- generally good commercial awareness
* Experience in leading a team is preferred but not essential
* Right To Work in the EU and ability to travel internationally as required
* Offshore medical and survival certificates
My client will offer the successful applicant a very competitive compensation package and a dynamic and rewarding career with a global leader in the field.
Do you fit the bill? Could you see yourself in a delivery focused team? Please apply today and I will call you to discuss in more detail.Back to Jobs Page