|Salary:||£50,000-£60,000 plus Bonus, Pension, Health and Medical|
|Division:||MARINE ENGINEERING JOBS|
An independent offshore and engineering consultancy are looking for a Senior Naval Architect to join their team. They are offering the position in Glasgow, however they will consider filling it in their Aberdeen office instead. The client is offering a twelve-month career progression plan to Principal Naval Architect level subject to satisfactory completion of the Senior role.
They are looking for a candidate who can provide supervision and lead major projects as required in addition to providing management support to the technical lead to manage staff utilisation to the best effect.
The candidate must also manage and participate in engineering consultancy projects and marine advisory projects when the schedule and workload of the department requires.
The role requires undertaking project-based analysis and writing comprehensive and detailed reports along with proposal writing and costing. The candidate will also be responsible for technical development in accordance with the quality management system.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Manage MWS and similar large projects
* Undertake on-site work as required by the department workload
* Where appropriate, lead preparatory work for any on-site attendance, e.g. for staff or sub-contractor MWS attendance, but also for vessel inclining tests and other similar tasks as required
* Provide advice to members of the team and internal and external clients
* Assist in the preparation of proposals for new work
* To provide assistance, as required, to other offices on MWS and engineering matters.
* The candidate is required to hold a MEng/MSc in a relevant degree subject or a Bachelors Degree with equivalent experience
* Chartered Engineer, or actively working towards chartership
* Extensive experience in MWS, marine operations, engineering analysis or other relevant consultancy activity as well as project management
* An advanced user of analysis software in area of expertise
* The candidate should be able to work both independently and, in a team
* They will be required to communicate effectively with internal and external stakeholders and efficiently differentiate critical engineering paths to solve complex problems
* They will apply project management principles when managing projects considering commercial aspects
* Use their knowledge of team objectives and be self-motivated to deliver them
A Basic Salary of £50,000 - £60,000 plus a Pension and Bonus Scheme and a generous 25 days holiday. Along with health benefits including-
* Life Assurance
* Permanent Health Insurance
* Private Medical Insurance
* Medicash Healthcare Plan
Clear structured personal development plan.Back to Jobs Page
€70,000-€80,000 plus relocation support, pension and international schooling