|Salary:||£55,000-£70,000 DOE plus benefits|
|Division:||NAVAL ARCHITECTURE & DESIGN JOBS|
I am working on behalf of an Aberdeen based client, seeking a Senior Naval Architect to join their friendly and knowledgeable team.
With a diverse workload across the energy, offshore and marine industries, every week brings a new challenge. In this role, you might be contributing anywhere in the project life cycle from concept, FEED, detail design and construction through to late life and decommissioning. You will use your specialist analysis skills to contribute as part of a multi-disciplinary team.
This company are a bit different to your traditional engineering firm, emphasising a holistic approach to engineering. With a focus on technical delivery, providing bespoke engineering solutions and great value is the name of the game. If you're feeling a bit 'pigeon-holed' in your current role, and want to find a role where you can use your full potential, this is the job for you!
Essential Skills and Qualifications
* Degree in Naval Architecture or similar, also Chartered engineer with RINA or IMarEST
* Demonstrable design and analysis experience on varied project, for example hull, station keeping, flexibles or handling systems in the energy, offshore and marine industries
* Confidence in numerical engineering analysis tools such as Orcaflex, AQWA, ANSYS, STAAD.pro or similar, also MS Office etc.
* Knowledge of Classification and Marine Warranty processes and awareness/application of all relevant safety requirements
* Prior experience in client and project management demonstrating financial, commercial and contractual awareness
* A problem solver: able to think from first principles apply taught naval architecture methods to new situations
* Able to supervise and assist more junior team members, contributing to their ongoing skill development
* A strong communicator, both verbally and via report writing- able to express and present engineering ideas and calculations concisely
* Interested in business development activities including sales presentations, meetings, events, proposals and tendering
You will be based in the Aberdeen head office, but the nature of the work may see you spending some time in client offices, onsite or offshore. Salary and benefits are negotiable, so please apply with your CV and I will call to discuss the role in more depth prior to application.Back to Jobs Page
Permanent or Contract- Salary/Rate negotiable