|Division:||NAVAL ARCHITECTURE & DESIGN JOBS|
I am seeking a Naval Architect for a client in Aberdeen, an international engineering firm who provide a range of services to the offshore energy industry. This position is at a Senior level to manage risk, budget and scope for the structural integrity of floating systems.
This role will involve planning scopes of work and forward planning on a range of offshore vessels, including FPSOs and Semi-Subs. You will work closely with Class to ensure ongoing approval, and will carry out both office-based and offshore inspections, as well as ensuring the management strategy is implemented.
Duties will include:
* To plan, implement and maintain integrity management processes, ensuring the continued integrity of offshore production facilities, predominantly FPSOs.
* Actively provide Integrity Management, Inspection and Repair for both hull and topsides structures
* Create and issue detailed inspection workpacks/workscopes for inspections to the appropriate contractor
* Liaison with offshore inspection teams to continuously improve inspection scopes
* Ensure all work is compliant with relevant engineering and safety standards and in line with time, cost and resource budgeting
* Delegation to junior engineers, you will review and check their work and support their development
* Promote the use of specialist technology to provide a more efficient service and to resolve unusual/special problems
Key requirements are:
* Chartered with at least a Bachelor's Degree in Naval Architecture, or Structural/Civil/Mechanical Engineering, with a broad background in classification and certification
* Understanding of Asset and Operational integrity in the oil and gas industry
* Strong networking and communication skills
* Excellent written and presentation skills
* Valid offshore certification is desirable, but can be provided Trips offshore will be required 3-4 times a year, potentially at short notice. You must be able to access confined spaces such as cargo oil tanks, ballast tanks and service tanks.
* Current Right To Work in the UK and unrestricted international travel
With a presence in the North Sea and internationally, this is an established company, who seek to add to the team as part of a long term growth strategy. Generous salary, benefits and opportunities to develop are on offer. My client can interview and hire immediately, so please move quickly if this position if of interest, and send you CV today for consideration.
Back to Jobs Page