|Salary:||Competitive Salary + Benefits|
|Division:||MARINE OPERATIONS JOBS|
Position: Senior / Principal Maritime Consultant
Location: Southampton, UK
Faststream are working exclusively with a young and exciting maritime consultancy. We are looking for a capable and experienced consultant to take a lead role within my clients team delivering marine, shipping and navigation consultancy projects across offshore renewables, oil and gas and the ports/maritime sectors.
Your role will involve delivering consultancy projects drawing on your expertise and working cross functionally with their team of mariners, harbour masters and technical maritime personnel, risk and GIS/data specialists to bring together the skills and capabilities of the wider team.
Maritime experience and interest (whether professional or personal) will be valued, although a curiosity and a willingness to learn is key. Maritime technical training and development will be provided and tailored to your experience and career progression plan. The business has a strong commitment to professional development and will ensure you have the right training, kit and skills to do your job well.
Your role has potential to develop quickly - taking responsibility for defined areas such as technical delivery, project management, business development or team leadership around your skills, interests and the business needs.
The successful candidate must have:
* At least 5years' professional experience in a consultancy environment (e.g. as a scientist, engineer, environmental/consenting-professional,GIS/data analyst or maritime professional) with either:
* A relevant university degree (e.g. science, engineering, geography or risk/mathematic) or;
* At least 5 years of maritime domain experience (e.g. mariner, harbour master, VTS)
* Self-motivation, passion and appetite for a challenge
* Excellent report writing, English language and oral communication skills
* Ability to work independently with initiative and as part of a team and with clients and stakeholders
* Experience of managing projects and co-ordinating tasks
* Experience of bidding for work
Ideally you will also have:
* Structured thinking skills with ability to identify and solve problems
* Experience of handling, analysing and interpreting datasets
* Understanding and knowledge of statistical analysis
* Experience of Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA), licensing and consenting
* Experience of co-ordinating or undertaking marine technical reports and navigation risk assessments
* Industry presence and network
* Membership and chartered status (or progression towards) with a relevant professional institution