|Salary:||£70,000 + Company Benefits|
|Division:||MARINE SURVEYING JOBS|
Senior Marine Surveyor - Southampton
This outstanding Ship Register covers the full spectrum of vessel types, including commercial ships and private pleasure yachts.
They are now seeking to employ a Senior Surveyor based in Southampton, United Kingdom and reporting directly to the Regional Director. As part of a dynamic team the post holder will actively participate in the day-to-day technical functions of a busy operational office including responding promptly to clients ensuring the effective Implementation of the International Maritime Organisation (IMO) and International Labour Organisation (ILO) Conventions, Codes and Instruments
* Carry out surveys, audits and inspections as required to ensure all vessels (including new builds) registered and the companies managing those vessels meet their obligations under the International Conventions and Instruments.
* Liaise with external bodies as appropriate for the benefit of Registry and their clients including but not limited to, port state control officers, national administrations, industry bodies and representatives.
* Assist in monitoring of fleet quality and PSC performance in order to maintain or enhance the standing of the Registry within the major PSC Memoranda of Understanding (MOU's); and ensure that the highest standards of quality are upheld throughout the fleet including vessels on the Flag State Compliance (FSC) Scheme, following up on any PSC intervention, in conjunction with clients and PSCO's as necessary;
* Monitor activities performed by classification societies
* Represent Authority at International and National events as part of the business development plan;
* Attend periodical meetings of the Management Committee at the request of the Global Director, Safety and Compliance as appropriate;
* The post holder shall be required to perform any other duties as requested from time to time by the Global Director- Safety & Compliance, CEO or Designate.
To perform this role effectively the post holder must have a proven track record with a Classification Society or a reputable Maritime Administration in a similar position and satisfy the following minimum requirements:
* University degree in Marine Engineering, Naval Architecture or a related subject and at least four (4) years post graduate experience in a technical role with an IACS Classification Society; or reputable Maritime Administration.
* Registered with the Engineering Council as a Chartered Engineer and Member of a Recognised Professional Body; and
* Sound knowledge of the design, construction and operation of all vessel types;
* A thorough knowledge of the interrelationship of National Administrations, Port State Control MoU's, Classification Societies, the IMO, and other Regulatory Bodies;
* A thorough knowledge of Classification Society Rules and Regulations for the Classification of ships;
* A thorough knowledge of International Conventions, instruments and codes appertaining to the Marine Sector;
* Sound language, analytical, presentation and IT skills;
* Ability to read, analyse and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations;
* Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals; and
* Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
* An excellent salary of £70,000 plus benefits package.
Back to Jobs Page
£48,000 - £52,000 + Car Allowance + Excellent Benefits
Newcastle upon Tyne