|Division:||MARINE ENGINEERING JOBS|
I am working in collaboration with a client who offers tailored solutions for installation of submarine structures, within oil&gas and renewable energy markets. This can include undersea pipelines, cables, umbilicals, foundations, platforms or even integrated wind farms.
They seek a Senior Lifting Engineer to join their office team, someone who will be responsible for the preparation, elaboration and calculation of the implementation methods.
Duties and responsibilities include:
* Interpreting engineering needs of projects for the lifting & transport process, based on contract and technical specifications
* Preparation of complex lifting methods, with a view to implementation
* Coordination of project and tender teams.
* Managing necessary studies, possibly in collaboration with external departments or study bureaus.
* Assisting a junior project engineer in the field of heavy lifting
* Identification and reporting of technical project risks in both tender and implementation phases
* Keeping current on technological innovation and evaluating future lifting and installation methods
* Following up the hoisting works in the implementation phase
* Collaboration with Survey, Technical Department and Production to share knowledge
This position will suit an engineer with at least 5-10 years of experience in heavy lifting & transport, preferably in the offshore sector. Accuracy and systematic thought are key, but creativity and enthusiasm are just as important, as well as good communication and commercial skills.
This job is office-based in Belgium, but some travel will be required. Right To Work in Europe and ability to travel internationally without restriction is essential.
Salary is commensurate with experience, and other benefits include well-structured training process, and a focussed health and wellbeing programme.Back to Jobs Page
Competitive salary with benefits package