Faststream are looking for an experienced Senior Contract Manager to work with a leading Energy provider to negotiate and manage multi-million pound Operations and Maintenance (O&M) contracts for wind farm infrastructure.
Location: London or Glasgow
* Working from home may be agreed depending upon workload, individual circumstances, performance and business needs.
* Occasional travel may be required to London, Glasgow, Berlin or Madrid.
* The job holder as a minimum should be educated to an engineering orientated Bachelors (BSc/BEng) degree level or demonstrate significant experience in a relevant discipline
* Offshore wind experience is preferred, alternatively significant experience in a relevant discipline
* Must have sound knowledge of Offshore Wind Operations and Maintenance
* Experience, knowledge and understanding negotiation of multi million pound commercial contracts.
* Highly developed communication skills and interpersonal, particularly related to multicultural relationships, and ability to present effectively to management teams.
* Strong understanding of H&S legislation applicable to offshore operations and electrical generation.
* Experience of managing interfaces of multidisciplinary teams spread across multiple locations
* The Senior Contract Manager SMA role is located within the O&M (operations and maintenance) department.
* The role will be working in the O&M (operations and maintenance) package of the project reporting to the Lead Project Manager. The O&M package are responsible for taking the project through Auction phase and if this is successful then to the pre-FID (Final Investment Decision) and readiness phases to ensure the project is fully prepared for operation. This includes negotiation of the Service and Maintenance Agreement (SMA) for WTGs (wind turbine generators) and OFTO (offshore transmission owner), logistics strategy and contract strategy.
* The Service and Maintenance Agreement (SMA) is a key contract for the operational phase of the offshore windfarm. The main purpose of the Senior Contract Manager role is to provide support during the negotiation phase of the SMA with OEM (original Equipment manufacturers), with a focus on the contractual and commercial requirements.
* Assist the Lead Project Manager SMA in the negotiation of the WTG SMA, focused on conditions of contract and commercial requirements
* Assist the Lead Project Manager SMA in the organisation of negotiation meetings with the WTG Suppliers, follow up of actions, ensuring all milestones are met
* Leading the updating and re-drafting of SMA conditions of contract, including the identification of issues with highest risk for IBD and/or items for escalation
* Assist the Lead Project Manager SMA in obtaining RFIs (Requests for Information) to develop the OPEX estimations for FID
* Develop the BoP contracting strategy, liaising with Purchasing and each project work package to ensure a robust handover process to O&M
* Supporting development of the overall project O&M strategy
* Gather lessons learned from other operational projects and implement where appropriate to ensure continuous improvement within offshore operations and maintenance.
Please apply online... or call me on 02382 025350.
Back to Jobs Page