|Salary:||A competitive remuneration package.|
An innovative Renewable Technology company are seeking an experienced Project Manager to establish and deliver pre-commercial farm arrays for the deployment of their Foating Offshore Wind and Wave Energy Converter devices. The successful candidate will work closely with both the in-house team, external contractors, farm owners (where appropriate), stakeholders and funders to ensure that the pre-commercial farms come to fruition. Working remotely is acceptable, with the expectation to work at the main office in Swansea periodically. The candidate must have a willingness to travel for short or medium term as required and work flexibly, sometimes outside of normal working hours to satisfy the requirements of the role.
Be responsible for establishing pre-commercial arrays. Initial main tasks include, but not limited to:
* Conceptualising Project: Site selection / technology configuration / financing options & cost modelling
* Project Development: Overseeing site surveys / gaining consents, permissions and relevant licences
* Project Management: Oversee Pre-FEED / supply chain study & port logistics / active risk management
* The successful candidate will become part of a growing team that will ultimately go on to delivery the pre-commercial arrays.
* Utilise proven project management techniques to control schedule, costs, and to manage risk, dependencies and change.
* Develop, communicate and maintain project plans and schedules to Senior Management Team / Exec Directors.
* Work closely with in-house team and all stakeholders.
* Work closely with owners/operators of pre-consented sites re consenting and establishing pre-commercial arrays.
* Working with the Financial Controller to manage project budgets, procurement and contracts.
* Develop relationships with engineering, service and equipment contractors.
* Clearly report all aspects of project status to the Senior Management Team.
* A strong background in project management (5 years minimum).
* A track record in successfully managing the delivery of similar or relatable commercial energy projects end-to-end (project conceptualisation, development and management).
* Proven track record for reporting on, planning, executing, controlling and delivering with the ability to manage multiple workstreams simultaneously with minimal supervision.
* A track record in the application of established and novel project management techniques to achieve successful project outcomes.
* Demonstration of excellent stakeholder management.
* Experience in supplier and contractor management.
* Knowledge of professional contracting.
* Good understanding of the pre-FEED / FEED, design and development process.
* Ability to motivate self and teams and deal with conflict positively.
* Highly proficient IT skills in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and MS project.
* Knowledge in planning, risk as well as interface management, and cost control.
* A genuine interest and passion for addressing the challenges of energy generation at sea.
* A track record in successfully managing the delivery of similar or relatable commercial energy projects - preferably in the offshore marine or onshore wind environment.
* Experience in offshore renewable energy technology development (Wind/Wave/Tidal etc).
* Professional project management qualifications.
* Chartership with a recognised engineering institution
* Experience in the project management of health and safety (CDM and occupational health and safety) and environmental matters.
The opportunity to work with an innovative renewable technology company who are ever growing and setting examples for the future energy market, who offer a friendly and social culture along with a competitive remuneration package plus pension contribution and a generous holiday allowance.Back to Jobs Page