Our client an international FPSO Owner and Operator with a fleet of FPSO's in the North Sea are looking for a highly motivated Production Technician to join them in a dual role on a 3/4 rotation- 2 weeks spent in the production team as a Production Technician, then 1 week as a Laboratory Technician- Responsible to the Production Supervisor. Joing the FPSO on a Staffed/Permanent position, you will be responsible for the Operations and Maintenance of the production facilities.
Production Technician Responsibilities:
* Operations/Start-Up/Maintenance of the following facilities: Oil Production System, Chemical Injections System, Produced Water System, Drains System, Service Systems, Nitrogen System, Gas Compression system, Gas Dehydration Unit, Fuel Gas System, Water Injection System, Utilities.
* Monitoring the correct function of process equipment and instrumentation.
* Communicating deficiencies to the Production Supervisor / Production Lead
* Carrying out laboratory duties i.e. BS & W samples, analysis of produced water and operate chemical injection pumps.
* Handling and storing chemicals in a safe manner together with stock control of bulk and laboratory chemicals.
* Adjusting chemical injection pumps, to the optimum operational and cost effective injection rates.
* Ensuring correct plant readings are recorded and documented.
Additional Lab Technician Responsibilities:
* Monitoring and sampling the process plant to give assurance that the requirements of legislation and process stability are being met.
* Maintaining specific process and utility chemical stocks.
* Acting as a focal point for production chemistry matters providing liaison with onshore, vendor representatives and vessel visitors where there is a production chemistry connection.
* Maintaining auditable records of sampling, analyses and procedures.
* Maintaining a register of temporary chemical injection pumps.
* Optimising chemical injection rates in line with chemical control matrix & PON 15D.
Qualifications & Certification needed:
* Combined Offshore Survival, Fire Fighting and HUET Certificate
* MIST / IMIST
* Oil & Gas UK Offshore Medical Certificate
* Oil & Gas UK Certificate of Fitness to Participate in Emergency Response Team Duties
* Approved Awarding Body Certificate in Process Operations or experience