|Salary:||40,000 - 60,000 GBP + Benefits|
|Division:||MARINE ENGINEERING JOBS|
A very exciting opportunity to join one of the biggest design consultancies in the UK. Our client is looking for a Principal Marine Engineer to join their expanding team, the successful candidate is expected to undertake Marine Engineering projects/tasks covering all areas of vessel design and modification. Also to include:
* Design and consultancy of power and propulsion machinery selection including alternative fuels, hybrid systems etc.
* Design and consultancy of all ship marine systems and equipment
* Design and consultancy of retrofit of "clean" technologies such as Ballast Water
* Treatment and Exhaust Gas Scrubbers
* Work across a range of vessel types and sizes
Marketing & Sales
* Develop the Marine Engineering business stream within the organisation.
* Market capabilities to existing clients.
* Identify and secure new clients.
* Work with the Directors to develop and implement the Marine Engineering strategy for the business.
* Develop and manage a team of Marine Engineering resources across the organisation's offices across the UK.
* Responsibility for the delivery of all the organisation's marine engineering projects and ensure safety, quality, schedule and resources. Communicate resource needs to the office manager / director to deliver assigned projects to quality, cost and schedule.
* Communicate directly with the customer. Undertake project planning, invoicing and cash collection activities.
* Identify own training requirements to maintain continued professional development.
* Identify training requirements of others to deliver Marine Engineering strategy.
Qualifications and experience
* Degree qualified in a relevant subject
* A minimum of 6 years in relevant employment
* Practical experience of vessel systems installation and operation (e.g. through time at sea in a relevant role, or through experience in a ship-yard environment)
Competitive salary with great growth potential!