|Salary:||£55,000 - £60,000 DOE|
|Division:||NAVAL ARCHITECTURE & DESIGN JOBS|
A consultancy in Aberdeen are seeking a Naval Architect or Structural Engineer, to work with them on delivery of services such as marine warranty survey (MWS) and marine assurance projects, engineering consultancy, design, analysis and studies. This could include work on fixed platforms, floating unit and subsea infrastructure installations, decommissioning programmes, wind farm developments and marine transportation.
* Management of Marine Warranty Survey contracts on behalf of Oil&Gas companies and underwriters (third-party review and approval of high value and high risk marine construction and transportation projects).
* Technical review and verification of procedures, design and analysis documentation.
* Engage in design and analysis work such as structural design, seafastening design, mooring analysis design and hydrodynamic analyses.
* Prepare proposals for bids and tenders.
* Liaise with clients to ensure project completion and customer satisfaction.
* Liaise with other departments and offices, including assisting with sales marketing for the company.
* Occasional site attendance to witness and approve of marine operations
Required Skills and Qualifications:
* A degree in Naval Architecture and minimum of 5 years relevant experience on marine and offshore projects; either Chartered or working towards.
* A solid understanding of engineering principles and analysis techniques.
* Theoretical and practical experience in marine operations such as the design, transportation and installation of fixed and floating offshore structures, subsea structures, pipeline and flexibles.
* High standard of communication and reporting skills. Client interface and report writing is an integral part of the role and fluency in English is essential.
* Well presented, articulate and capable of working unsupervised.
* Competency in using Microsoft Office, including Word and Excel. User of specialist software such as Orcaflex, STAADPro, SACS.
* Ability to gain offshore certification (BOSIET/FOET/UK medical).
* Existing right to work in the UK.
* Must be willing and able to travel offshore or overseas at short notice.
The ideal candidate will also have prior experience in Marine Warranty Survey, with knowledge of relevant industry codes/standards applicable to marine construction activities, such as DNV, ISO, AISC and API. It would also be advantageous to bring experience in mooring systems and mooring analysis, decommissioning projects or renewables projects, due to the varied nature of my client's workload.
This is a permanent position within a small and friendly team, but due to the size of the international business there is certainly space to progress. Salary and benefits packages are commensurate with experience but generous in the market. Please apply today to be considered.