|Division:||NAVAL ARCHITECTURE & DESIGN JOBS|
I am working on behalf of a client in Scotland, a consultancy with a long-standing reputation for design and delivery of quality projects. They have a vacancy for a Naval Architect/Marine Engineer, someone with a couple of years' experience in industry since graduation, but who is still keen to learn and develop their skills.
In this role, you might be contributing anywhere in the project life cycle from concept, FEED, detailed design and construction through to Marine Warranty Survey, late life and decommissioning. With a diverse workload across the energy, offshore and marine industries, every week brings a new challenge. In
You will use your specialist analysis skills to contribute as part of a multi-disciplinary team. You will be supported and guided as you grow as an engineer, but allowed the autonomy and variety of projects to really challenge you, aiming to rapidly develop your skills. If you're looking for a varied role, with exposure to both design consultancy and Marine Warranty work, this could be a great match for you.
Essential Skills and Qualifications
* Degree in Naval Architecture or similar, working towards Chartered engineer with RINA or IMarEST memberships
* Demonstrable design and analysis experience on varied projects in the energy, offshore or marine industries
* Confidence in numerical engineering analysis tools such as Orcaflex, AQWA, ANSYS, STAAD.pro or similar, also MS Office etc.
* Knowledge of Classification and Marine Warranty processes and awareness/application of all relevant safety requirements
* Confidence to work solo, but flexible and adaptable in a team environment- and open minded to different ways of working
* A problem solver: able to think from first principles apply taught naval architecture methods to new situations
* A strong communicator, both verbally and via report writing- able to express and present engineering ideas and calculations concisely
* Interested in business development activities including sales presentations, meetings, events, proposals and tendering
You will be based in the office, but the nature of the work may see you spending some time in client offices, onsite or offshore. Salary and benefits are negotiable, so please apply with your CV and I will call to discuss the role in more depth prior to application.Back to Jobs Page