|Division:||NAVAL ARCHITECTURE & DESIGN JOBS|
I have a fantastic opportunity for a Marine Warranty Surveyor to join the central London office of a major engineering consultancy. If you're looking for an exciting role where you can see design come to life, and be on site when some serious structures take form, then this is the role for you!
This role will combine Marine Warranty Survey work with broader engineering projects. Reporting to the Engineering Manager, you will undertake a variety of engineering analyses and reviews associated with marine operations, design, and marine warranty surveying. Project management and tender preparation will form part of the role, along with attendance on site and offshore.
With a large variety of project with a quick turnaround, this team work collaboratively but the successful candidate in this role must also be a confident solo client facer, using technical expertise with personal skills to achieve great results.
* Naval and structural analysis and review of marine operations such as the loadout, mooring, transportation and installation of fixed platforms, floating vessels, wind farm structures, pipelines and subsea structures.
* Participate in the development of vessel designs and jack-up engineering including site specific assessments
* To conduct site and offshore approval of marine operations, vessel structural and suitability surveys and risk assessments
* To write comprehensive and detailed reports, and document reviews.
* Liaise with clients to ensure timely delivery of project deliverables and customer satisfaction
* Provide advice to members of the team and internal and external clients
* Assist in the preparation of proposals for new work
* To uphold Health & Safety requirements with particular regard to agreed codes of practice and safe methods of working.
* MEng / MSc in relevant degree subject or BSc degree with equivalent experience
* Experienced in offshore engineering, with CEng or working towards it
* Excellent analytical skills, and capability in a number of engineering analysis tools
* Experience of pipe and cable lay analysis is extremely advantageous
* Excellent Microsoft Office skills
* The nature of the work will mean regular international trips, so you must be able to travel without restriction.
* Able to work independently and as part of a team in both office and site environments
* Communicates effectively and professionally with internal and external stakeholders
* Efficiently differentiates critical engineering paths to solve complex problems
* Applies basic project management principles when managing small projects
* Considers commercial aspects when managing projects and in own role
* Uses a knowledge of team objectives and is self-motivated to deliver on individual and team objectives
This is a challenging role, but you will be well rewarded, with a competitive salary, generous holiday allowance, contributory pension and medical insurance which cover optical and dental!