|Salary:||£40,000 - £55,000|
|Division:||NAVAL ARCHITECTURE & DESIGN JOBS|
The South Coast is calling for another Naval Architect! My client in Southampton are looking for someone to make a skilled contribution to design work across a range of commercial vessel projects.
At a mid-senior level you will be sharing your knowledge and experience with colleagues across all disciplines, working in close collaboration on a project-by-project basis, maintaining the technical requirements and the standard of deliverables required within your discipline.
Generally reporting to the Director of Naval Architecture, you might also take on an active coordination role when required. When assigned to this project management role, you will have the guidance of the Principal Project Manager, and will oversee assigned projects across all disciplines, whilst also maintaining your primary Naval Architecture role.
* Competence in fundamental Naval Architecture tasks; including hull design and stability calculation, weight calculation, performance prediction, model testing, seakeeping analysis, tank plan development and arrangement drawings.
* The ability to produce clear and well-presented drawings and plans to a suitable quality and standard.
* 2D CAD (AutoCAD) to produce design information (Advanced skill level).
* 2D/3D CAD and other specialist software as required to produce and to review design information.
* MS Office to develop reports, spreadsheet data and presentation information.
* Knowledge and understanding of statutory regulations and Classification and Flag rule sets.
* Knowledge and understanding of ship structural design.
* Knowledge and understanding of ship systems design and its impact upon integration
* Commercial awareness, with the ability to ensure that works are being carried out and completed to an appropriate standard and level of detail.
* Self-motivation and time management to meet agreed targets and deliverables deadlines.
* Personal time planning, including feedback to support in the definition of resource requirements, time budgets and deliverables deadlines.
* The ability to process technical problems and effectively seek out the correct technical solution using sound engineering judgement.
* Good communication skills, with the ability to work in close collaboration with colleagues across all disciplines.
* Able to develop effective organisational relationships with individual Project Managers and related parties at the client shipyards.
Full European driving license and passport are essential as you will travel internationally from time to time. It is also important to have a flexible approach to working hours to respond to peaks of workload within a project.
Great salary and benefits are on offer, with generous holiday, flexible working, private health insurance, and your professional memberships covered. As an employee owned trust, profits are shared with a bonus scheme, and everyone's voice is heard.
This is a fabulous opportunity, with a company who are seen as market leaders, and who see the potential in each team member. Apply today to be considered.
Back to Jobs Page
Variety of salary levels, based on experience