|Salary:||Variety of salary levels, based on experience|
|Division:||NAVAL ARCHITECTURE & DESIGN JOBS|
My client is seeking to grow their team to help deliver a growing portfolio of work. High-calibre, experienced candidates with a proven track record of naval architecture or marine engineering technical leadership in the commercial or defence sectors should apply. The ideal candidate has experience of hydrodynamic model testing and analysis with a positive and dynamic approach and can take ownership of challenging, and varied projects, to strengthen the existing team.
Knowledge, skills and personal qualities required:
* Delivery of the specification, conduct and analysis of hydrodynamic model experiments is essential
* Working knowledge of a range of hydrodynamic tests is required including a more in-depth understanding in one or more of the following specific areas of surface ship seakeeping, manoeuvring, resistance and propulsion
* Manipulation and analysis of large, complex data sets
* Interpretation of model test data to provide relevant outputs to customers
* High competency in MatLab and/or LabVIEW
* Understanding of data acquisition hardware and software
* Understanding of the role of tank testing in ship design, development and commissioning
* Project Management experience an advantage but not essential.
* Delivery of computational fluid dynamics (CFD) for marine vessels and appendages an advantage
* Good knowledge and understanding of the commercial and/or the defence maritime sector
* Working to time, cost and quality and seeking opportunities to maximise value to customer
* Capturing and understanding fully customers' requirements
* Providing innovative solutions to customers' problems
* Maintaining level of general knowledge whilst also developing areas of specific expertise
* Managing multiple projects and priorities
* Provision of focused responses to customers' technical requirements within agreed timeframes
* Ability to manage and motivate people and be accountable for the team
* Provide high quality reports, presentations or demonstrations for customers as required
* Ability to present credibly to the customer.
* Ability to take responsibility for situations and work tasks
* Excellent team working skills
* Positive attitude to problem solving
This role can mainly be based in Gosport or Bristol but the post holder would be expected to travel within the UK and on occasion overseas to participate in customer meetings and trials at experimental facilities.
Salary and benefits on offer are competitive, and this is a very exciting time to join this company, as they embark on the next phase of their development.Back to Jobs Page