|Division:||NAVAL ARCHITECTURE & DESIGN JOBS|
I am looking for a talented Structural Engineer to join my client, an independent consultancy who operate across both Marine and Offshore sectors. This role would suit someone who has built a solid knowledge base over their first few years as an engineer, and is seeking the next step within an agile and exciting consultancy environment.
A key function is the design and analysis of mobile offshore units and fixed structures, incorporating Marine Warranty Survey functions. Working within a small team with exposure to a variety of projects will mean opportunities to develop as an engineer and gain project management and client interfacing experience. Key duties will include the design and analysis of offshore structures, structural integrity, fatigue and finite element analyses and site specific assessments. You will assist colleagues as required in the delivery of project work, becoming confident in seeking out available opportunities and preparing proposals for new work.
* Degree qualified in Structural Engineering, with relevant experience
* Alternatively, a background in FEA and interest to apply this to offshore strucutres
* Chartered engineer or working towards chartership
* Relevant experience in the Offshore market for Oil&Gas or Renewable projects
* Expertise in technical software particularly DNV SESAM (GeniE, USFOS) and/or FEA software such as SACS or NASTRAN, alongside AutoCAD and Microsoft Office suite
* Previous experience in fixed structures design/assessment/classification and Site Specific Assessment for Jack up rigs is highly desirable
* Thorough knowledge of structural engineering and naval architecture principles
* A confident client-facer with strong verbal and written communication skills
* The successful applicant will be able to evidence a proactive approach to problem solving, attention to detail and a high level of accuracy when writing reports
My client offers the opportunity to join a fast moving and growing consultancy, making for a varied and challenging career with plenty of options for professional development. Benefits include a well-established flexible working pattern, competitive pension and holiday allowances, as well as season ticket and Cycle-To Work loans. This position can be based from London or Southampton.
Please express your interest today and I will call to discuss in more detail prior to application.Back to Jobs Page