Our client, a leading International independent E&P company, is looking for an experienced Mechanical TA to join them on a staffed/contract basis, in their busy and thriving central Aberdeen office, to support their operations in the North Sea.
* Act as a Technical Authority for the Mechanical discipline (and support electrical, process, etc to mechanical related enquiries) during the operational period of the North Sea asset's;
* Become the owner of discipline designated Performance Standards;
* Provide engineering consultation to management of change process;
* Support operations in the specification of components or systems;
* Input to Safety Case Material Changes submissions;
* Involvement in investigation of incidents ;
* Support the operations team in the provision of advice in enhancing operating practice
* performing/coordinating troubleshooting, studies etc.; and
* Work within the Company's Technical Authority Framework.
To ensure sufficient knowledge of the Asset(s) and its processes and equipment, the Technical Authorities will require a familiarisation and learning period to be agreed with Company that may include but not be limited to:
* An offshore visit;
* A detailed review of the operational Safety Case and associated Performance Standards including any correspondence to date with HSE, DECC and any initial or outstanding comments or required actions with regards to consents and notifications;
* A review of the written scheme of verification including all correspondence to date with the Independent Verification Body (IVB) and any initial or outstanding comments or recommendations for remedial action;
* Meetings with the onshore and offshore operational team