|Salary:||£50,000 - £65,000 + Company Benefits|
|Division:||NAVAL ARCHITECTURE & DESIGN JOBS|
I am seeking a Naval Architect or Structural Engineer to join my client in Aberdeen, to support a portfolio of work in the North Sea region. This includes fixed platform, floating unit and subsea infrastructure installations, decommissioning programmes, wind farm developments and marine transportation. The successful candidate will be responsible for delivery of services such as marine warranty survey (MWS) and marine assurance projects, engineering consultancy, design, analysis and studies.
* Project management of Marine Warranty Survey contracts on behalf of Oil&Gas companies and underwriters. These projects will involve third-party review and approval of high value and high risk marine construction and transportation projects.
* Technical review and verification of procedures, design and analysis documentation as applicable to marine construction and transportation projects.
* Onshore and offshore site attendance to witness and approve of marine operations and attendance at Risk Assessment workshops.
* Engage in design and analysis work such as structural design, cargo seafastening design, mooring analysis design and hydrodynamic analyses.
* Prepare proposals for bids and tenders.
* Liaise with clients to ensure project completion and customer satisfaction.
* Liaise with other departments and offices, including assisting with sales marketing for the company.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
* A degree in Naval Architecture and minimum of 5 years relevant experience on marine and offshore projects; either Chartered Engineer or working towards it
* A solid understanding of engineering principles and analysis techniques.
* Theoretical and practical experience in marine operations such as the design, transportation and installation of fixed and floating offshore structures, subsea structures, pipeline and flexibles.
* High standard of communication and reporting skills. Client interface and report writing is an integral part of the role and fluency in English is essential.
* Well presented, articulate and capable of working unsupervised and at times under high pressure.
* Competency in using Microsoft Office, including Word and Excel. Ideally also a user of specialist software such as GHS, Moses, Orcaflex, STAAD, SACS.
* Ability to gain offshore certification (BOSIET/FOET/UK medical)
* Existing right to work in the UK
* Must be willing and able to travel offshore or overseas at short notice
The ideal candidate will also have prior experience in Marine Warranty Survey, with knowledge of relevant industry codes/standards applicable to marine construction activities, such as DNV, ISO, AISC and API. It would also be advantageous to bring experience in FPSO mooring systems and mooring analysis, decommissioning projects or renewables projects, due to the varied nature of my client's workload.Back to Jobs Page
£28,000 - £35,000 + Company Benefits