|Salary:||£75,000 - £85,000 + Company Benefits|
|Division:||MARINE ENGINEERING JOBS|
Marine Technical Advisor
A highly credible association with a brand renown for setting the highest industry standards and procedures across the Marine and Offshore industry.
The Technical Adviser assists the Technical Director to deliver the Association's work programme, especially the various technical committees.
* Attend and constructively participate in your assigned committees and workgroups, including preparing agendas and minutes, attending meetings and delivering action items.
* Assist the eCMID Committee with the ongoing development of the eCMID database and vessel inspection form question sets.
* Prepare new technical guidance documents and Information Notes.
* Consult and engage with third-party organisations (regulators, trade and technical associations. professional bodies, clients and others).
* Monitor regulatory and technical developments which may affect members, briefing and lobbying as appropriate.
* Prepare the technical programme for seminars and other events, including chairman and speaker liaison.
* Prepare technical presentations for regional meetings.
* Prepare technical briefings for the senior management.
* Consult and engage with other members of the secretariat.
* Provide technical advice to designated Management Committees, workgroups and the wider membership.
* Prepare and delivery of technical programmes for seminars.
* Provide support to the members on technical enquiries received by email and phone.
* Review and revise existing technical guidance documents.
* Support the Associations work at the International Maritime Organization (IMO).
* Champion the organisations health, safety, security and quality policies and procedures
* Travel nationally and internationally, as required, to act as representative at appropriate meetings and events.
* Has sailed as Chief Engineer on offshore Diving Support Vessels
* Good knowledge of dynamic positioning systems and vessel power plants
* Good knowledge of offshore lifting operations
* Has undertaken vessel inspections using the eCMID vessel inspection template.
* Proactive and self-motivated, with a drive for results.
* Structured and systematic approach to work tasks.
* First class communication/presentation skills (written and verbal).
* Well-developed interpersonal skills to be able to work with various groups of expertise and seniority.
* Skilled in influencing and negotiating.
* Ability to deliver work that is technically correct, logical and well argued.
* Strong personal skills in representing and promoting the work of the Association.
* Attention to detail.
* Good organisational skills and ability to prioritise and work to tight deadlines.
* Ability to command and develop technical discussion.
* Able to work well in a team environment.
* Good technical knowledge of propulsion systems, as utilised by complex offshore vessels.
* Widespread and relevant experience and knowledge of offshore lifting operations.
* Good knowledge of offshore vessel legislation regarding IMO mandatory instruments.
* A highly competitive basic salary
* Excellent company benefits
Back to Jobs Page
Competitive salary with benefits package