|Salary:||£50,000 per annum|
|Division:||MARINE OPERATIONS JOBS|
I am currently supporting one of the UKs largest port operators to bring on a Marine Manager. This role will work for the Harbour Authority but will be responsible for providing marine support to their new Container Terminal on the Mersey.
As Marine Manager for the Container Terminal, you will be responsible ensuring the safety and efficiency of all marine operations within the terminal. You will deal with navigational safety within the associated ports and be required to create berthing/unberthing plans for containers coming into the Terminal. You will be required to carry out accident and incident investigations and periodically work on isolated special projects which will be carried out alongside / around the Marine operations, amongst various other duties and responsibilities.
The ideal candidate will have: -
* Marine industry experience - a qualified deck officer with experience in marine contracting / work boat operations is desirable
* Experience working in Safety / understanding of port navigational safety (IOSH good but not essential)
* Previous experience in terminal management in coastal ports (good but not essential)
* Ability to produce berthing & unberthing plans / configurations within a highly complex tidal port (mathematical aptitude in geometry and trigonometry is essential if no previous experience with mooring plans)
* Act as Deputy Harbour Master when appointed by the Harbour Master
This is a diverse role and the right candidate will need to be flexible, as this new role within the port.
In order to be considered, you will need to be based in Liverpool permanently and have the existing right to live and work in the UK.
Back to Jobs Page
$65,000 - $85,000 + excellent company benefits